Thursday, January 19, 2012

Top 5 movie list

This list is always changing, although there will usually always be a solid few that don’t move. 
 

Top Gun: If you know me, you already know this. It shouldn’t a surprise that the best movie ever made would make my top 5 list. This is by far Tom Cruise’s best movie.  Jets, hot blonde chicks, pianos, motorcycles, Oceanside, Miramar, Goose, Iceman: it’s all a recipe for success, a beautiful, beautiful 80’s success. I love this movie and everything about it. I thank Tony Scott for directing this epic cinema because it allowed me to learn ever verse of “Lost that Loving Feeling”. Now I sing it on a daily basis.




Ferris Bueller’s Day Off: Another classic tale of American teenagers doing what American teenagers do best, mischief. I know that I couldn’t wait to get to high school so I could steal my dad’s car and terrorize my Dean of Students. I love this movie. I love the Ferrari, Sloan, Ferris; I even love the naysayer of the century, Cameron. I love when the valet at the parking lot says, “What country you think this is?” Unfortunately, Ferris Bueller grew up to be Matthew Broderick, but still, amazing movie. Nine times.



The Departed: The accents are so likable in this movie. The Boston accent is so appealing and addicitive. Anytime I watch this movie you better watch out because I’ll pahk the cah in Hahvahd Yahd. Omg, please stop me. That was ridiculous. But seriously, it is addicting. “Do you want to be a cop or do you want to appear to be a cop.” LOVE that line! Leo, Jack, Matt and Mark kill it (and each other) in this movie! I applied with the Massachusetts State Troopers after seeing this but I wouldn’t drop my R’s enough and they declined my application.




Love Actually: First off, no, I am not gay, not that there’s anything wrong with that. But Love Actually just does something for me. The Beach Boys soundtrack, Christmas, Hugh Grant, politics, plumpy: this movie has it all! Anyone who knows me should know (and therefore mock me for) the fact that I like romantic comedies. They are funny and everything always works out in the end.  The speech that Jamie gives to Aurelia at the end is so amazing. He speaks Portuguese about as good (well) as I speak English.



Blues Brothers: I can watch this movie over and over and over. I grew up watching it. It reminds me of being a badass little kid (aka: a nerd). The best part of this movie is the “do you see the light?” part. Omg, just thinking of it makes me laugh. Jake Blues doing cartwheels and flips down the aisle. I hope you know what I’m talking about. If you don’t, please go watch this movie! Blues Brothers 2000 was a travesty. But the original is untouchable.

No comments:

Post a Comment